COME CELEBRATE THE 6TH “INTERNATIONAL JAZZ DAY FESTIVAL MESA”
AT THE MESA ARTS CENTER
Outdoor concert is one of 196 global celebrations taking place on Sat April 30th 4:00 PM
INTERNATIONAL JAZZ DAY AZ FOUNDATION CONCERT FEATURES THE BEST OF “REAL JAZZ”
The Mesa Arts Center joins more than 196 global Jazz Day celebrations on April 30th, the date officially designated by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to celebrate jazz and the role it plays in uniting people around the world.
World-renowned Organist Tony Monaco headlines this year’s International jazz Day Festival. Monaco is one of the best organ players in the world. Mentored by the legendary Jimmy Smith, Monaco does not swing, smolder or smoke… Monaco burns.
Special Guest Billboard Artist
Scott & Ginger Whitfield – Scott and Ginger are a top-notch jazz vocal duo. Practicing the extreme sport of big band, they have been dubbed “the swingmeister” and “fabulous chanteuse.” Scott and Ginger are a dynamic duo reminiscent of Mel Torme/Jack Jones, Julie London/ Annie Ross, Rosemary Clooney and Bing Crosby
• Nayo Jones – Mentored by her father Doc Jones, jazz vocalist Nayo is a rising star who has opened for jazz greats such as Chris Botti, Otis and The Temptations, The Whispers and Lakeside.
• Dowell Davis – known as “D” to his fellow players, Davis has graced national and international stages with his drumming since 1983. He’s an accomplished artist who has played a variety of musical styles, and has an innate understanding of grooving.
• Mario Abney – Chicago born and raised Jazz Trumpeter Mario Abney, now of New Orleans, fuses traditional and extended trumpet techniques in an inventive way. His strikingly personal instrumental vision endows the music with an infinite array of tonal color.
• Ioannis Goudelis – Pianist Ioannis Goudelis has performed internationally at festivals, clubs and concert halls throughout the world including the most of the United States, Europe, Africa, Central America and the Pacific.
• Felix Sainz – is an in-demand bass & classic guitarist in the Valley
Mesa Arts Center
1 E Main St,
Mesa, AZ 85201
COST /PUBLIC CONTACT:
General Admission is Free
Limited VIP Seating available
Tickets can be purchased at gate or in advance at https://www.mesaartscenter.com/
Proceeds support the International Jazz Day AZ Foundation, a local 501(c)(3) organization that works with local schools to make jazz music education and instruments available and accessible to students from kindergarten through college. For more information or to make a donation, visit www.jazzdayaz.com or (602) 524-7998.